We're getting pretty close to the wire now, but if you still have a yen to make something pretty for Christmas, here are some of my all-time favorite decorating ideas that are quick to do, but make a big impact.
Clockwise from top left:
1. Candle luminaries are a sample project from All Things Paper as shared on Kollabora. Designed by Kristen Magee, I love that the use of ordinary copy paper and hole punches can result in something so elegant.
2. While rummaging in the attic for tree decorations, don't throw away discolored balls. Just cover them with punched circles to make artichoke-style ornaments. Allison Patrick came up with this clever idea and used colorful flower images that look pretty year-round.
3. ConfettiPop shows how to turn dull paper mache cones into stylish, colorblocked decor with a little paint and glitter.
4. These simple paper strip ornaments are longtime favorites. Willowday makes hers extra special with the addition of a tiny bell.
5. A new-to-me blog is Urban Comfort. Suzonne Stirling designs projects for popular magazines and shares ideas via gorgeous photos and tutorials - these folded stars, for example.
6. Another beautiful site is Ebony Snow Chafey's Snow & Graham... this holly wall is a great idea! You can even replace the berries with paper rosettes after the holidays to make a meadow wall.